LocoFocoRampant

"Wing of the Democratic Party made up of workingmen and reformers, opposed to monopolies and financial policies that seemed to them antidemocratic and conducive to special privilege. The Locofocos received their name when party regulars turned off the gas lights to oust the radicals from a Tammany Hall nominating meeting. The radicals responded by lighting candles with new matches known as locofocos and nominated their own slate." (From: http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9048706 )

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I am husband and father in a family of four, wife Verna, son Thomas, and daughter Jennifer. We've lived in Springfield's 137th District for over ten years at 800 W Calhoun St, and love the Grant Beach area. I was born to a military family, my mother and father met at Ft Leonard Wood. I was born in Ft Hood Texas, and travelled throughout my childhood, with most of my time spent in any one place in the Rolla Mo area. When I completed my own four year hitch with the US Navy, I settled here in Missouri, living in Mt Vernon. I moved into Springfield in 1994 to attend (then) SMSU and stayed, finding our permanent home in the Grant Beach Park area.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Where in the World is the Missouri 7th District Committee?

We need a viable candidate to take out Roy Blunt. Where is this person? If not Jim Kreider, who? Matt Patterson? Craig Hosmer? Doug Brooks? Bobbie Lurie? Who?

So far, the 7th District has met only once, for an election of officers. As a member of said committee, I'm disgusted that there's been no other activity. Are we going to wait for another Marc Perkel?

I can really see DFA, DCCC, and the DNC step up for that kind of candidate--NOT!

Women and men at work on recruiting a candidate, a job the party apparatus doesn't seem to be doing, get ganged up on by other dems.

Leaves me feeling like this:


Who Can It Be Now? - Men at Work

Who can it be knocking at my door?
Go 'way, don't come 'round here no more.
Can't you see that it's late at night?
I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right.
All I wish is to be alone;
Stay away, don't you invade my home.
Best off if you hang outside,
Don't come in - I'll only run and hide.
CHORUS:

Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?

Who can it be knocking at my door?
Make no sound, tip-toe across the floor.
If he hears, he'll knock all day,
I'll be trapped, and here I'll have to stay.
I've done no harm, I keep to myself;
There's nothing wrong with my state of mental health.
I like it here with my childhood friend;
Here they come, those feelings again!

CHORUS
Is it the man come to take me away?
Why do they follow me?
It's not the future that I can see,
It's just my fantasy

Oh...Who can it be now?
Oh...Who can it...
Who can it...
Yeah yeah yeah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home